Traccar Device Freezing issue

C5roki2 months ago

New preview version running, I'll keep an eye on it.

C5roki2 months ago

Looking good, so far no errors or warnings related to the cache, all devices working fine.

Andres2 months ago

New preview version running, after 24 hours everything is still working fine, I think it's fixed, thanks to everyone for their contributions and especially to Anton.

C5roki2 months ago

I agree, running almost 2 days with the latest preview version, did not have any freezing devices and no cache related errors or warnings in the log.

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

A new (non preview) version with the fix is out by the way.

Syed Mujeer Hashmi2 months ago

I tested the latest preview. But with GT06 protocol we are still facing the issue. Whenever the traccar service is restarted the data sync's again.

With the same device and sim the data is properly sync on different tracking servers(other than traccar). The freeze we are seeing with only traccar for gt06 protocol. We also tested traccar for the same sim with a different device L100 protocol, it works fine as well.

And what's in the logs when it gets frozen?

The thing is we are not seeing anything abnormal in the logs. The device gets timed out and re establishes tcp connection.

If you don't share anything, we won't be able to help.

You got me wrong.. let me know whatever you want I am willing to share. I will share the tracker server logs to start with

Ok. We downgraded to 6.2 and saw this error message. This shows as WARN in 6.3

error - Format specifier '%f' - MissingFormatArgumentException (... < JsonGeocoder:110 < NotificationManager:129 < *:176 < ProcessingHandler:174 < ...)

When we changed the geocoder config for locationiq then the devices are working normal.

TestinAfter the preview, the official version already has the solution to the problem here discussed, Version 6.4?

I'll run the tests and add comments later.

Hello, with everyone. After the tracing test in version 6.4 the problem of frozen devices persists, with different protocols and is random. Some devices do not update on the map when they are on the move.

Urdanegui Castillo please don't comment on every thread you can find about "freezing" devices.

Maurice Oduor2 months ago

Urdanegui Castillo, try a new fresh install on a clean database. I did that and the random freezing problem disappeared. Run for a week and nothing frozen, still running 6.4