Parking place geofence

Maurizio Panzica2 years ago

Hello Anton,

I don't know whether what I'm looking for is already feasible at all.
I have set all geofences around the places where I usually spend my time (home, office, gym,...) and the notification system really gives me peace of mind.
But when I happen to go somewhere else (be it a restaurant, a mall, a cinema, you name it...) or even going around for work, I can't benefit of the geofence protection.
It would be nice if Traccar offered a shortcut to define a volatile geofence on the fly (a tiny polyline), at the exact spot where the vehicle is.
By volatile I mean that there could be just one per device and that would be deleted as soon as the vehicle moves away (i.e. not parked anymore) by the configurable 'geofence.polylineDistance' parameter.
In an ideal world this could also be an automatic process (to be enabled by the user): Traccar should consider a parking spot the last position received by the tracker before its disconnection and automatically define the volatile geofence around that place.

What do you think about it?
M.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

We've already added an option to create a quick circle geofence around a device.

Great!! Would you please point me to the instructions?

1. Select device
  2. Click green button in the popup
  3. Select create geofence

Note that it's only available on master.

So not publicly available yet (unless compiled by the user). Will it be released on next version, or is it a WiP feature?
Out of curiosity: is this geofence supposed to work like I imagined?
Thanks, Anton!

It's already implemented, so it will be available in the next release.

It doesn't work exactly like you explained, but it solves similar problem.

Looking forward to installing the new release then.
Thank you very much, Anton!
M.