help with GT02A and traccar server install java error on windows 10 64bit

reborns149 years ago

so i bought this GPS tracking device from ALIEXPRESS and i'm trying to figure out how to get it to work.

Chinese instructions aren't very detailed.

i got powered on and linked but im having trouble installing traccar because i keep getting the java error. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling java. i tried restarting. running as administrator. don't know what else i can do.

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

I guess you are using Windows and you get an error saying that you don't have Java installer, right?

It basically means that you installed Java only for your own user. Traccar service runs as a system service from System user account, so Java needs to be available for that account as well. For some reason recent versions of Java install it only for current user. Last time I tried the offline java installer worked for me. Have you tried it?

reborns149 years ago

ok it looks like i was installing the wrong java. i got the right one and its installed now and im on traccar.

now i need to know the device "identifier" where do i find that on my device? i don't think its the IMEI number. seems too long.

anyone have experience with the GT02A?

You can try IMEI number. If it doesn't work, check server log file.

reborns149 years ago

not working with IMEI =(

Please check "tracker-server.log" file. You should see HEX messages there if server receives anything from device.

reborns149 years ago

i dont understand how im supposed to change settings on the device. it shows i have to use SMS commands. how do i use SMS commands on a device with 1 button? im so lost.

You need to send command from your phone via SMS message.