Cant Unlock WanWay S20

Luigi9 months ago

Hi everyone!
I'm new, so don't eat me alive xD
I have problems with the WanWay S20, with the new firmware I can't set the Traccar server via SMS.
Does anyone have any tips for me? If I write SERVER# nothing happens and he doesn't reply to the message
I can't find online guides with the new firmware (Y2517_S20_DS_1_V02_2023.05.02_1)
Thanks for everyone who answers me! Of course FACTORY# and APN,{APN}# still work.

Maurizio Panzica8 months ago

Hi Luigi,

Send this command to S20 to allow for Server modification:

LOCKIP,WWDSS20,UNLOCK#

Then you can use

SERVER,0,12.34.56.78,5023,0#

if you have a public static IP address (replace 12.34.56.78 with your actual IP address) or

SERVER,1,mytraccar.com,5023,0#

if you have a registered domain or use a DDNS service.

Ciao.

IkerV8 months ago

Hi:
I have tried with 2 of them with same FW but I was not able to change the server.
Luigi, did it work the Maurizio's procedure?
Agur

sgtpepper5 months ago

Hello everyone, I'm just now reading this discussion because I ran into the same problem after purchasing the Wanway S20 tracker on Amazon. This tracker is equipped "on board" with the latest firmware which doesn't allow you to set the server to your liking. At the moment, the current solution is to flash the firmware, downgrading it to the previous firmware which instead allowed the set-up of the server and apn. I'll give you the link to the page where you will find the procedure and software needed to carry out this operation (it is understood that this operation is at your own risk because if something goes wrong during flashing the risk is making your tracker unusable!). Hope it helps. Cheers.

https://github.com/bohdan-s/WanWay-Tech-S20/issues/7