6.2 release - Default configuration file is now removed to avoid confusion and misconfiguration

Essam2 months ago

Dears,

What that means ? I always override default configuration in file traccar.xml.
But after 6.2 release it seams my traccar.xml configurations not works .

Any advice please.
Many thanks

Track-trace2 months ago

It means you should just put your modifications into traccar.xml instead of traccar.xml

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

You should have always used only traccar.xml. What is the not working?

Essam2 months ago

Thank you for your help.

report.trip.useIgnition was worked before but now in 6.2 release dose not work
I notice the only change in the traccar.xml file is the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> instead of <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

Dose that make a difference ?

The report.trip.useIgnition should work the same way as before.

The config file header obviously doesn't make any difference.

Essam2 months ago

Just to make sure, this option is used to calculate trips based on ignition, not based on deviceMove and deviceStop events.
I set the trip.minimalDuration to 0, trip.minimalDistance to 0 and trip.minimalParking to 0.

I set all these configurations to calculate all trips in the trip report.

Is my configurations right?

Many Thanks.

Sounds right. Make sure you already read about fast reports.

Essam2 months ago

Do you mean report.fastThreshold? yes i take care about.
My question is, if i set configuration today, and request trip report for yesterday for example. -after set new configurations-
Is the new configuration applied for previous data?

Yes.

Essam2 months ago

Dear Anton,

I investigate more, my conclusions is the trip report depends on motion attribute, not in ignition attribute. the motion attribute set according the configuration. so the old data will be not affected by new configurations.

Your opinion please .
Best Regards

Your conclusion is incorrect.

Ronald Rodriguez2 months ago

Hello, I made a mistake and placed this question in another topic that I shouldn't have, I really wanted to post it here.

with the disappearance of the default file,

how can I change the web port 8082?
and
how can I modify the teltonika device port from 5027 to 10008?

GPS1a month ago

Hello,

the default.xml was removed , how can i know what default settings are already set after fresh traccar server install ?

I understand that i can modify the traccar.xml to override the default configurations , but dont know yet the default settings are already set after fresh traccar server install .

Another question is how to just remove some settings from the default settings are already set after fresh traccar server install ?

Kind regards,

Anton Tananaeva month ago

Have you checked the documentation? It explicitly mentions the default value, if there is one.

GPS1a month ago

Hello,

I Readed the documentation here: https://www.traccar.org/configuration-file/ , and i noticed that not all parameters show what default value was set ed .

I want to remove server.statistics from the configuration file,
i find this page : https://www.traccar.org/analytics/ , on the page it say this : "You can disable it by removing the server.statistics parameter from the default config file" , but the default config file dont exist , or the default config file exist but is not present in the /opt/traccar/conf .

Kind Regards,