Problems with Upgrading Traccar

serguin4 months ago

Hello community,

first of all, congratulations for this great platform. I have a problem. I hope you can give me some advice on how to solve it. I fully follow the published guide on how to update the version: https://www.traccar.org/upgrading-traccar

When I finish the process and log in or surprise! The new attributes and other features do not appear when I log in with my administrator user, any idea what could be happening? I do not attach supports since I do not receive any errors, I add that the service is running on a vps with Ubuntu server and MySQL database, thanks in advance, any contribution will be well received.

Anton Tananaev4 months ago

Have you cleared the cache?

serguin4 months ago
  1. Excuse my ignorance, are you referring to the browser cache? Because if that is the case, I already performed the deletion but the new options still do not appear.
  2. If you refer to a cache on the server's part, what would it be and in what route?

Thanks for your support !

Abhijit4 months ago

Hello Community,

I have facing problem while configure traccar with Oracle database. Tables and indexes are not created. I am facing some constraints and indexing problems. What things I need to change in the application.

Please help

serguin, you have to clear all site data. How did you delete it?

Abhijit, your issue is clearly different from this topic, so you shouldn't ask your question here.

serguin4 months ago

I did the deletion process with the following commands:

Stop service:

sudo systemctl stop traccar.service
Uninstall service:

sudo systemctl disable traccar.service
sudo rm /etc/systemd/system/traccar.service
sudo systemctl daemon-reload

Remove traccar directory:

sudo rm -R /opt/traccar

After this I proceeded to install the service again but with the new version, with the database I did not carry out any process since I plan to use the same one because I have several users and stored devices. Do you think this could be why? Maybe I should delete the database and install it again?

What do you see in the Settings > Preferences > Info?

serguin4 months ago

This is a very old version of Traccar. Either you didn't upgrade correctly or you haven't cleared the cache.

serguin4 months ago

I understand making a new attempt, completely debugging any trace of the previous version to see what happens, thanks for the support, I will be commenting on any new events.

serguin4 months ago

I tried to update again and it worked correctly, this time I completely debugged all traces of the previous version and when installing the new one it worked correctly, thank you very much for the support!