No Map on web frontend after server upgrade

Carlo Glinetzki2 years ago

I did upgrade my server today from version 5.0 to 5.6. I did it like usually, remove /opt/traccar run traccar.run and replace config with my old config. The server is up and running, but on the web frontend is no map.
Here is what I get when logged in:
Startpage
and this is the preferences for map:
Preferences
and here one can find the log from the first startup:
tracker-server.log

I know upgrade from 5.0 to 5.6 is a big step, should I have to do some preparation before?

thanks in advance

Track-trace2 years ago

Did you select Settings / Server / Default maps ?

when I go under Settings / Server there is nothing to select, I can continue with preferences, there the first box says "custom map" but it's also not selectable. I can change it manually to "Default map", but that doesn't make the map appear

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

What you have on the screenshots is not version 5.6. Are you sure you cleared the browser cache after upgrade?

OK, I did not clear the cache, but after I did I get 404 not found.
In logfile I found following message:

2023-03-02 18:22:57  INFO: Started ServerConnector@6169be09{HTTP/1.1, (http/1.1)}{0.0.0.0:8082}
2023-03-02 18:22:57  INFO: Started Server@9281d19{STARTING}[10.0.13,sto=0] @23078ms

May there be a problem with that zeros IP-Address?

Problem is solved, it was my fault, I found out by reading in the traccar.xml. But I did it at every upgrade the same ;)
I always copied my whole old conf directory in the new installation. Now I know this is not correct, only traccar.xml is to be copied, in the default.xml may important changes for upgrades. So I copied the original default.xml in the conf directory and the 404 error was gone, but I got empty screen. But I still used modern at the end of url and it seems this is obsolete, because without that all works fine.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

How can we stop people from copying default.xml? We already have a warning there, but it doesn't seem to help.

You are right, but exactly that warning gave me the idea what the problem may be. For me, I have updated my personal docu for upgrading, so it will not happen anymore