Installation problem with Windows10 and latest Java update ...

odintheterrible9 years ago

Just checked the machine, laptop running fully updated Windows10 and Java 8 (installed using offline installer & as Admin) ...
tried installing the Traccar Server as admin and am still getting this error about the Java version etc ...

Anyone got a solution to this ???

Thanks

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Please read information about Java issue on the following page:

https://www.traccar.org/windows/

Already read that and followed the instructions.
Logged onto the laptop with the admin account and installed the java offline with admin rights

The point is, if you see this error, it means Java is not available for System user, and Traccar is executed from System account. The problem is not on Traccar side. Try to contact Oracle support. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Oracle say that it's an issue with the traccar certificate

Traccar is not an applet. No certificated are needed.

I can take a look if you give me access to the server. My email address is on support page.

I have no idea what you are referring to as I am completely new to this
Thanks for your help but I have little or no technical experience on GPS tracking and, frankly, some of the comments I've received from other people/sources are high handed and seem to suggest that people who do not have experience or an in depth understand of the whole gps thing should be treated like dirt ..., not that I'm saying this is true in your case, indeed quite the opposite.
The bottom line is I ahve an issue which I am unable to resolve despite contacting the appropriate sources.
Thanks anyway

Greetings,
I have now been able to solve this by down grading Java back to V7 so the installer is obviously not compatible with v8 of Java
Now that it's installed and running, despite following the setup instructions it will not communicate with the tracker which I know is working ... so, I've pulled the lot from the laptop for now until have more time to devote to this as it's obviously not as straight forward to setup and run as the supporting info would have you believe.
If you are familiar with the prog then I guess it's a breeze, but I'm not, so I need to find out how it works on another day when I can devote some time to it

I tested Traccar on Windows 10 with Java 8, so the problem is not with Traccar installer. It's with Java installer as I said before.

This page might be useful if you have problem with device communication:

https://www.traccar.org/troubleshooting/

Bhavin Gajjar6 years ago

I installed traccar as per instruction provided. I cant see anything on localhost:8282. I am having windows 10, java 8 (installed using jre-8u201-windows-x64.exe).

Installation is not working for me. Any help?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Where did you get port 8282 from?

Bhavin Gajjar6 years ago

I did downgrade to java 7 and its working now. I think I have to check again with 8. I will check and get back if needed. Thank you for quick response.