Freematics on Traccar. Wifi:ok, APN: not ok.

MtlSofta month ago

Greetings from Montreal Quebec.

My problem: the only way I can get my Freematics working is if I'm using Wifi.
The same config if I uncheck Wifi (Chatr cell service, getting an IP once I put the right APN), won't work.
I get Server Timeout.

Tried another sim card from another provider, along with the corresponding APN, and, same issue.

Other than that it seems to work correctly and shows on the map (is using wifi).

Since it works perfectly using Wifi, I suspect this is a provider that doesn't support UDP through it's APN ?
I tried http but it's trying to send the data to /hub/api/post/UCFXXXXXX and that doesn't work.
Anything on traccar's config I should change to try to get it working in http ?

Thanks !!

Anton Tananaeva month ago

I think there is an option to use HTTP protocol in the config. Have you tried it?

MtlSofta month ago

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using the freematrics Builder to build/send the firmware to the device, and I do have the HTTP option there.
But where would I find that on Traccar ?

If I understand correctly, it should be using the OsmAnd protocol.

MtlSofta month ago

Sounds complicated as that would certainly require changes on both sides.

I find it strange I seem to be the only one complaining about a cell connection not working yet Wifi is working.
I guess I'll search a bit more on that particular problem.

It is very uncommon for network providers to block UDP protocol.

Why would using HTTP require changes on both ends?

Rodney Yeoa month ago

Most probably the SimCom A7607x is not supported by your mobile data service provider frequemcy band range. Unless you have SimCom A7607SA which is International supported mobile frequncy band. Check with Freematics support if you have enabled GPRS mode? I assumed you are on SMS and WiFi mode now.

You must have purchased model A only support WiFi mode and Mobile is optional module need to add on later.

https://freematics.com/pages/products/freematics-one-plus/

MtlSofta month ago

I get an IP address on the SIM7070G device and it shows the name of the actual sim card provider.
The "freematics Builder" interface doesn't let me choose the frequency, or enable/disable GPRS.
After a few server timeouts, the Cellular shows as "desactivated"

MtlSofta month ago
CPU:160MHz FLASH:16MB
IRAM:253KB
DEVICE ID:UCF(removed)
TYPE:14
MEMS:ICM-42627
ACC BIAS:0.44/-0.03/0.94
GNSS:OK(I)
OBD:NO
[CELL] Activating...
CELL:SIM7070G
IMEI:86545605(removed)
[CELL] Searching...
APN:chatrweb.apn
Operator:chatr
[CELL] IP:10.24.(removed)
LOGIN((removed):5170)...
[BUF] 3 samples | 30 bytes | 1/32
[NET] Server timeout
[GPS] (removed) 0km/h SATS:7 HDOP:153 Course:0 2024-08-15T16:41:17.600Z
[NET] Server timeout
[GPS] (removed) 0km/h SATS:12 HDOP:105 Course:0 2024-08-15T16:41:20.400Z
[CELL] Activating...
[GPS] (removed) 0km/h SATS:12 HDOP:114 Course:0 2024-08-15T16:41:37.600Z
[BUF] 91 samples | 718 bytes | 9/32
[GPS] (removed) 0km/h SATS:12 HDOP:114 Course:0 2024-08-15T16:41:40.800Z
CELL:SIM7070G
IMEI:86545605(removed)
Rodney Yeoa month ago

I would advise you to email Freematics Support for answers. They knows their product much better than us who have not use this Freematics devices. Let us know your outcome after you have escalate your issues to Freematics manufacturer. Good Luck!

Rodney Yeoa month ago

Firstly check if your SIM card provider covers the mobile band your SimCom chip is supporting. Next make sure you have enough mobile data credits. Finally remove all PIN lock from your SIM. Check the above first!

Rodney Yeoa month ago

If all fails send back unit to seller to claim a new replacement unit within 1 week of purchase.