Operation timed out - Traccar version 6.2

Flori2 months ago

Hello, recently I have updated traccar to version 6.2(I am using docker with image traccar-other-6.2.zip). I have enable full trace for the logs and I am getting this error

2024-07-30 10:17:29  INFO: [T24459fa6] error - 
java.io.IOException: Operation timed out
    at java.base/sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method)
    at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39)
    at java.base/sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:276)
    at java.base/sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:233)
    at java.base/sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:223)
    at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:356)
    at io.netty.buffer.PooledByteBuf.setBytes(PooledByteBuf.java:255)
    at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:1132)
    at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:356)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:151)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:788)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:724)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:650)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:562)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:994)
    at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

In the beginning I thought it is related to the position url forwarding but based on the log I don't think it is related to position forward if I am not wrong. Does anyone know why this error is popping up?

Server details:
Ram - 8GB
CPU - 4 Core Arm64 architecture

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

It looks like reading network data is failing for some reason. It doesn't seem to be related to forwarding.

Flori2 months ago

Anton thanks for replying, Is it not saving all gps data? or different issue...

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

Not possible to tell from the error.

Flori2 months ago

Thanks, is there a way I can debug it further? Meanwhile I will try to downgrade to version 6.1 or upgrade to latest version and see if the issue is still coming in. Will keep you posted

Rodney Yeo2 months ago

Just install your OS version of Java repository from apt-get with problem resolved.

Don't use the java version which comes bundled with TracCar. I have used it before and it is buggy!

And it is not compiled for your OS version. Insrall from scratch from repo. Lessen your head ache trust me! I have gone thru it!

Flori2 months ago

Yes java is already installed from the docker file https://github.com/traccar/traccar-docker/blob/master/Dockerfile.alpine#L8

Flori2 months ago

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 17.36.52.png
Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 17.37.29.png
Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 17.37.47.png

Anton based on the logs the error is triggered right after the device is disconnected