Could anybody point me to a Tutorial for installing traccar 6.2 with Postgresql 16 on windows 10

mtyspider2 months ago

I been trying to find a way to install this only to find it impossible also their is bug and asking to do changes on the server.
Already tried youtube and digital ocean and no luck .The ones i can fin are 6 years old tutorials already outdated.

Track-trace2 months ago

How do you think anyone would / could help you when you dont post the log/errors and telling what you have done so far?

mtyspider2 months ago

I have a traccar server working perfectly running on windows 10 . i wanted to change the database postgrl cause nobody recommends using it for a production server(any power outage will lock or corrupt database) so i check the steps for mysql and postgrl . mysql in windows is whole more steps . so i decided to go for pgadmin(postgrl )for my surprise their is already a bug reported in github and it wont work. because some changes that need to be done to the postgrl server config.All the tutorials and 6 years old or 5 years.So in reallity i just want a more updated tutorial to follow i could tweak here and there and make it work. But most people can't.Thats the main reason am asking if their is an updated tutorial maybe i missed something.

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

What bug report are you talking about? What's wrong with the official documentation?

mtyspider2 months ago

https://github.com/traccar/traccar/issues/3993

The above its the bug

That bug . the official documentation its ok . if you are using 2h database but when trying mysql os postgrl we end up totally lost

The issue is 6 years old and marked as resolved. Not sure why you would even check that.

In the documentation section we have a dedicated page for Postgres. Why are you not using that and instead looking at some ancient threads?

mtyspider2 months ago

My whole point their is no updated tutorial . Just for fun tried to install traccar with updated software and unless you arer very confortable tweaking traccar and postgrl their is no guide, for news installer's .The dedicated page it just

<entry key='database.driver'>org.postgresql.Driver</entry>
<entry key='database.url'>jdbc:postgresql://[HOST]/[DATABASE]</entry>
<entry key='database.user'>[USER]</entry>
<entry key='database.password'>[PASSWORD]</entry>

This works with which version of postgrl or which version of traccar ?

but if somebody tries to do it with updated software . from postgrl it wont work unless you tweak here and there.

mtyspider2 months ago

Configuration parameters for PostgreSQL (replace [HOST], [DATABASE], [USER], [PASSWORD] with appropriate values; for a local database use localhost as HOST): and dont use localhost cause it wont work . use 127.0.0.1 weird but true

It doesn't specify versions, which means it works for any version of Traccar and Postgres.

mtyspider2 months ago

well it doesnt lates postgrel it wont work. thats why am looking for a updated tutorial to cross my t and point my i

What's the error?

Lizeth Solisa month ago

Hi, I connected the traccar to postgresql database v. 16.
But I dont find the database estructure to create. Maybe you can help me with that. Thank you

Anton Tananaeva month ago

You mean schema? If you configure the database connection correctly, Traccar will create the schema automatically.

Lizeth Solisa month ago

Oh yes, that´s right, Thank you!, Do you how I can migrate the info from H2 to the new postgres?

Anton Tananaeva month ago

There are some thread about it. It's not easy.