Possible bug in main branch github with computed attributes.

maclofin2 months ago

I'm here again because I think I've discovered a bug, I'm not 100% sure. I have on one server the latest version of traccar (main branch from github) and on another server I have the stable version 6.2.

Github version: I create a calculated attribute with the admin user and assign it to a device and a user and the calculated attribute works on the end user. No problems.

Version 6.2 stable: I create a calculated attribute with the admin user and assign it to a device and a user but the calculated attribute does not work, however when I test the calculated attribute, the test does work.

This is in case you want to check it before version 6.3 release, I will be forced to downgrade to version 6.2 stable.

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

You're saying that it works with a version from GitHub, but there's a bug in the GitHub version. Did you mix something up? What is the bug?

maclofin2 months ago

Sorry, sorry! I mixed up.

Github version don't work as expected, this is the version that don't work.

Version 6.2 stable works well.

Just tested and it seems to work correctly on master.

maclofin2 months ago

I just attach a screenshot of the issue using master. Is the same for others computed attributes (for some reason only lowPower works.
Untitled.png

I have another question, if the computed attribute is created by an admin and assigned to a device, for example device 'Car01', every user that I assign 'Car01' if have the notification of overspeed would receive a notification when the attribute is triggered? I don't need to assign the attribute to the user too?, Just to confirm because I read in another post that the attributes is proccesed for each devices no matters if the non-admin user don't see that the attribute is assigned to the device (because don't have access to this computed attribute)

Computed attributes are calculated no matter what users they are assigned.

maclofin2 months ago

Ok, do you have any idea of my issue? I sent all the screenshot, I think I don't have nothing left to configure.

You need to check whether the event is a string or a number.

maclofin2 months ago

The event is likely most a number, in the startek documentation (that’s the brand of my devices), all are from 1 to 56 events represented as number.

The question is about how it's decoded in Traccar.

maclofin2 months ago

But how can I know that?

The decoder decode this automatically.

StartekProtocolDecoder.java
Question: If I add a case here, for example case 42 -> Position.ALARM_ACCIDENT; is enough to Traccar to assign automatically the alarm to the event 42?

private String decodeAlarm(int value) {
        return switch (value) {
            case 1 -> Position.ALARM_SOS;
            case 5, 6 -> Position.ALARM_DOOR;
            case 17 -> Position.ALARM_LOW_POWER;
            case 18 -> Position.ALARM_POWER_CUT;
            case 19 -> Position.ALARM_POWER_RESTORED;
            case 39 -> Position.ALARM_ACCELERATION;
            case 40 -> Position.ALARM_BRAKING;
            case 41 -> Position.ALARM_CORNERING;
            default -> null;
        };
    }

and decode event as a number.

private static final Pattern PATTERN_POSITION = new PatternBuilder()
            .number("(d+),")                     // event

Yes.