Need a suggestion to assign permission in this way

maclofin2 months ago

Hello, it goes without saying that Traccar is an excellent project, thanks Anton.

I have the following problem: I am trying to make a mobile application to work with Traccar in which we have different plans where Plan 1 can have the basic notifications but Plan 2 should have other types of notifications, the problem is that I want the user to enable and Disable notifications only from your own user but if I link a notification he can delete it or do whatever he wants and then the read only user can't get his own notifications.

The idea is:
Plan 1 has notifications such as ignition on, ignition off, vehicle moving, vehicle stopped. (the user can turn these notifications on or off as they wish, but only those)

Plan 2 has notifications such as bonnet, accident, low battery, etc. (These notifications you can turn off or turn on your own notifications)

But I haven't found a way to make it granular, for now I have done it by disabling the frontend in the mobile app for certain plans.

Another thing, what does the "General" notification mean? what notifications?

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

If you're making your own app, you can enforce it in the app itself.

There's no general notification. There's a general alarm, which is something that doesn't fall into any other category. Depends on the device. We don't use it much.

maclofin2 months ago

Yes, I'm doing in this way but if I enforce in my app if someone have Traccar API link then they could modify and do some things with theses permission directly to the API.

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

You can change the backend if you want. It's open source.